April Favourites


Hello again everyone, and welcome to the last post of April (there have been a lot of them).

I thought that seeing as how it’s the end of the month and I haven’t put up a favourites post since January, it was time I wrote one for you all. This is going to be all of the new music, TV shows, and movies I’ve been enjoying lately.

DOCTOR WHO

If you’re a regular follower of me, you will know that I am a massive fan of Doctor Who and have been wanting a new series for a long time now, so I am over the moon that it is finally back.

Although there have now been three episodes, I have at the time of writing finished only the review of episode one, but I am working on the other reviews and they will be up soon for you. Until then, just be glad this television icon is back and enjoy it! And, of course, read the review of episode one!

PETER KAY’S CAR SHARE

My mum introduced me to this TV series whilst I was back home for Easter and I cannot believe I’ve never watched it before!

If you like Carpool Karaoke with James Corden, this is the sort of thing you might like. It centres around two colleagues who get a car share to work each day, and follows the hilarious events of their journey.

It is an absolutely hilarious sitcom, written by one of the greatest comedians of our time, Peter Kay. Trust me, watch it and I promise you that you will love it.

DESIGNATED SURVIVOR

I have THREE things I found on Netflix to recommend, the first of which is Designated Survivor.

It stars Kiefer Sutherland as Tom Kirkman, a backbench US senator who is propelled into the office of President after the entire Congress of the US is destroyed in a massive terror attack. This series follows him as he deals with his newfound power, and the impact on those around him, whilst the FBI and a team of other investigators try to figure out who committed the attack and why.

Honestly, I’m not usually into political dramas, but this series has me hooked. I definitely recommend it.

FREQUENCY

Being into sci-fi, particularly time travel programmes, there was no way I wasn’t going to be interested in this when I found it (although it doesn’t strictly involve time travel.)

Raimy Sullivan is an NYPD detective who discovers she can communicate across time with her now dead father (a police officer himself) through his old ham radio in her garage. After she discovers that she can use this communication to change events of 20 years ago to in turn change the present, the two of them work together to try and solve a decades-old unsolved murder case which could change Raimy’s life for the better (or worse).

It is a fascinating show, which is difficult to follow at points but if you like those sorts of intricate plots which you have to really think to figure out, this is a great series for you.

PASSENGERS

The last thing that I found on Netflix which I love is a movie from 2008 called Passengers, starring Anne Hathaway and Patrick Wilson. (Not the 2016 film with Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt.)

It centres around a group of survivors of a plane crash, who have sessions with a counsellor (Hathaway) to try and deal with the trauma of surviving the crash. But, they all begin to disappear as the counsellor starts to discover that they all have different memories of the disaster. Is the airline silencing the passengers to hide the truth about what happened that night?

This is a classic tale of conspiracy with events which don’t quite make sense. All I will say is, watch this movie and if it starts out difficult to understand, watch it all the way to the end because the conclusion is 100% worth it.

MUSIC

I know that after this long month of music posts, you are probably all sick of me recommending songs by now, but these are some of the best new songs I’ve been listening to in the last few months.

Take That, in spite of having been around for over 20 years, still manage to produce brilliant new music. This is a great new track they’ve released recently – they also performed it on The Late Late Show and sang it in the car with James Corden for Comic Relief in March.

The second new song, which is everywhere at the moment, is Human by Rag N Bone Man. I love this song, after initially being hesitant to listen to it.

And, of course, even though he featured in my last favourites post with the first two songs from his album, I could not leave Ed Sheeran out given the success he is having at the moment. At one stage in March, EVERY SINGLE TRACK from the album was in the top 20 in the UK, something no artist has ever done before. I have, like everyone else, been listening to ¸ on repeat ever since its release, but I have two tracks I love more than any others – What Do I Know and Supermarket Flowers.

Take That

Giants

Rag N Bone Man

Human

Ed Sheeran

What Do I Know

Ed Sheeran

Supermarket Flowers




There you go then, those are the things I’ve been enjoying recently.

What have you been listening to/watching/enjoying this month? If you’ve done a monthly favourites blogpost/video over on your pages, please put them in the comments or send me a Tweet (my Twitter is in the colourful table below) as I would love to see them.

Until my next post, keep positive, keep smiling, and above all, keep believing!




Social Media Links

 

Comments