My Favourite Christmas Song!

Since 3rd December, I have been slowly counting down my top 20 favourite Christmas songs. Well, after three weeks, it is time to reveal my top two and ultimately, the name of my favourite festive song of all time.

Before I do, I want to go back and revise numbers 20 to 3 in the countdown.

20
Kim and Mel

Rockin Around The Christmas Tree

19
Chris Rea

Driving Home For Christmas

18
Mud

Lonely This Christmas

17
Paul and Linda McCartney

Wonderful Christmas Time

16
Frankie Goes To Hollywood

Power of Love

15
Chris de Burgh

Spaceman Came Travelling

14
Darlene Love

All Alone on Christmas

13
Coldplay

Christmas Lights

12
Boney M

Mary’s Boy Child

11
Band Aid (1984)

Do They Know It’s Christmas?

10
East 17

Stay Another Day

9
Geraldine McQueen

Once Upon A Christmas Song

8
Wizzard

I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday

7
Jona Lewie

Stop The Cavalry

6
Slade

Merry Christmas Everybody

5
John and Yoko

Happy Xmas (War Is Over)

4
Shakin Stevens

Merry Christmas Everyone

3
Wham!

Last Christmas


When it came to choosing my top two, there was no doubt in my mind that the two best ever were these two. It was just a case of deciding which one should be at the top. I debated it over and over, but in the end, I had to make a decision.

One song is generally regarded as the greatest ever, and has come top in several polls since its release in 1988. The other was released in the year of my birth, 1994, so is symbolic of my first Christmas. Whilst one comes from one of the greatest female vocalists of all time, the other is a collaboration between an Irish folk band and a fantastic female singer. One is all about the magic of Christmas and wanting love, but the other details a drunken argument at Christmas. Between them, these artists have created two iconic Christmas songs which will be played for years to come, and will be known forever.

At number two, it is…





























































2
Pogues and Kirsty MacColl

Fairytale of New York


By now, I think you’ve probably all worked out which song has made it to that all-important number one spot. From 1994, here is the iconic, wonderful Mariah Carey with my favourite Christmas song of all time. Here is All I Want For Christmas Is You.


1
Mariah Carey

All I Want For Christmas Is You




And so, after a three week countdown, we have finally hit number one and what a worthy number one it is. Do you agree with the list? You can have your say in the comments section or by getting in touch on my social media, the links for which are below. My next post will be another food post, which will this time focus on desserts! Stay tuned for when that goes live, and until then, keep festive, keep smiling, and above all keep believing!



TRENT


TWITTER
FACEBOOK
INSTAGRAM
YOUNOW
YOUTUBE
TUMBLR
WATTPAD
SPOTIFY
trentblogs


Comments