Gift ideas for difficult people

Welcome once again to Blogmas! Already it is day fourteen of the month, meaning that Christmas day is a week and a half away! So, let’s continue getting into the festive spirit with another Christmassy post!

I’ve seen a lot on YouTube and blogging platforms over the last few weeks about “gift ideas for him/her” and I wanted to avoid that if possible, because I don’t want to attribute certain gifts to certain genders. However, I still wanted to do a “gift ideas” post, so I decided to do one which related to me personally.

I have been told that I am a difficult person to buy for. I don’t know why this is, but it means that people aren’t always sure of what to get me, so I have created a list of gifts that I often get, and that might make great presents for those friends or relatives who are “difficult to buy for”.

CLOTHES

For someone who is just beginning to gain confidence in himself, I have begun to really enjoy buying and receiving clothes as gifts. From quirky T-shirts to smart button-ups, jeans to jackets, clothes are something that everyone in this world needs to some degree, and from time to time, it is just nice to have new styles. I am not ashamed to admit that I receive clothes from relatives every Christmas, because I have always got my use out of them. They are definitely one of the most practical gifts you can give someone who might be tough to buy for.

SHOES

I think that this is more of a gift for a relative or partner, although I wouldn’t rule it out entirely as something you could give a friend. It is a perfect gift for a difficult person for the same reasons as those stated about clothes above. They are useful and practical, as well as having the effect of being very well appreciated because of the sorts of brands out there.

SWEETS AND CHOCOLATE

The thing I have received most falls under the category of “candy”. Every year, I get given large hampers of sweets and boxes of chocolates, which often last for months and months after Christmas. I have a sweet tooth, so for me, this is an absolutely perfect thing to get me. From what I’ve experienced as well, it is seen as a good thing to buy friends or work colleagues boxes of chocolates at Christmas. They just make such a wonderful gift, because they are seen as a treat, and to receive them at the time of year when, let’s be honest, everyone overeats, just makes this a brilliant idea if you are struggling to think of what to buy someone.

GIFT CARDS OR VOUCHERS

A wonderful idea if you know the sort of thing someone likes, but aren’t sure exactly what they want. For example, if one of your friends is a lover of books, giving them a gift card or a voucher (coupon for those of you who call it that) for somewhere like WH Smith or Waterstones might be a good idea. It gives them the freedom to go and buy what they want, whilst also knowing that you have in fact thought about what they like and what they might want. So many places do gift cards now, like iTunes or Burton’s Menswear. It is something which should be considered as a possibility, and it isn’t that hard to find a store where this is available to you.

MONEY

The simplest, but possibly least thoughtful, present you can give is probably money. Although it allows the most freedom in terms of gift, it can seem a bit like you don’t care. However, as I am a very difficult person to get presents for, I love having the money to go and treat myself to whatever I want in the shops and it still feels like someone has given me a gift.


There you go then, five ideas of things you might consider giving to those people who are difficult to buy for.

BLOGMAS MUSIC CHART

We’ve now entered the top 10, and here at number 9 is a song which is an absolutely perfect mix of catchy music, cheesy lyrics, and the element of comedy. Back in 2008, a British comedian named Peter Kay created a mock TV talent show to counteract the chart dominance of the UK version of The X Factor. His alter-ego Geraldine McQueen was that show’s winning artist and released this song to try and prevent Simon Cowell’s winner from getting to Christmas number one. Unfortunately, it got to number 5, but long afterwards, I am still listening to this because I love it. Co-written by Take That’s Gary Barlow, it is one of the most catchy, creative Christmas songs ever. I promise you, that after you have listened to this, “you'll be singing this over and over and over again” for a while. Here it is then, at number 9, Geraldine McQueen with Once Upon A Christmas Song. Enjoy it!

9
Geraldine McQueen

Once Upon A Christmas Song


And that is it for today’s post. Of course, get in touch via social media or the comments section below to have your say on anything from today’s post. The next dose of Christmas joy from me will be coming tomorrow, so be sure to come back for that. Until then, keep festive, keep smiling and above all, keep believing!

TRENT

Social Media links

Spotify: Search for “trentblogs” 


Comments