Music

Hello and welcome to Blogmas Day 3, the theme of which is music!

Over the years, many different artists have produced a wide variety of Christmas songs. There are those which were always meant to be about Christmas, those which accidentally sounded festive and those which were released at this time of year so were automatically “Christmas” songs.

It doesn’t matter under which circumstances they became Christmas classics, they are still iconic. We all have our favourites, and I am no different. It doesn’t matter how much of a “Bah, humbug” person you are, you will always find yourself listening, singing along and dancing to these catchy tunes over and over again, year in, year out.

I have decided to create a list of my favourite Christmas songs ever. This list is going to be done in a countdown format over the next few weeks, with a new song added to the list every day until my number one is revealed on December 22nd! The choices I made were quite difficult but I am happy with the list as it is, and I hope you will be too.

The chart kicks off today at number 20. Although this is one of those songs which has been covered by several different artists over the years, this is my favourite version. I don’t know whether it is the comedic aspect of it, or the fact that this is the version I’ve grown up listening to, but I absolutely love this song. Here it is then, Kim Wilde and the late Mel Smith with their cover of Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree.


20
Kim and Mel

Rockin Around The Christmas Tree


As always, you can keep up to date with me on my social media and do feel free to comment on this post if you want to let me know your thoughts. I look forward to sharing the rest of my list with you over the next three weeks. I hope you are enjoying my Blogmas which continues tomorrow with another exciting Christmas-themed post. Until then, keep festive, keep smiling and above all, keep believing!

TRENT

Social Media links

Spotify: Search for “trentblogs” 

Comments