My Favourite Christmas Movie!

Today I wanted to talk a bit about my favourite Christmas movie of all time.

Your opinion on this film, and on the best ever, may differ, but for me, there is no beating this. Without a doubt in my mind, the best has to be the 1999 version of A Christmas Carol.

For starters, it is hands down the best Christmas story ever written and has endured as a well-loved tale of festive morality, even to this day. Charles Dickens was a genius, and this story no doubt taught us all of the consequences of being miserable at Christmas time. Over the years, it has been made into several different stage and screen productions, but the film from 1999 is my favourite.

To start off with, Patrick Stewart is a legend and an amazing actor. His performance as the miserly Ebenezer Scrooge in this film just solidifies his place as one of Britain’s best ever actors. I have seen quite a few other interpretations of the character, but none of them can come close to this particularly brilliant portrayal.

Another reason why this film is so amazing is the level of horror in it. In comparison to other versions, this one has a much darker, far scarier feel to it. I don’t know whether this is down to budget, actors, or scriptwriters, but it just WORKS. I don’t want to ruin it for you if you haven’t seen it, but the ghosts are genuinely terrifying and creepy in a way you just don’t expect from a family film. All I will say is it might just scare you more than you are expecting. I do think, though, that it should be this way. After all, the ghosts are meant to be so terrifying that they make Scrooge change his ways, so why shouldn’t they be presented in this way to us as an audience?

There are Christmas traditions in every family, and this is one of ours. For me, Christmas is not Christmas without watching this film at some point. It is such an amazing film and I urge you to go and watch it if you have never seen it, but be warned that it is scary!

BLOGMAS MUSIC CHART

Today’s song is from one of my favourite bands ever. In 2011, Coldplay decided to release a Christmas song, and although it is not the most well-known of festive hits, it is still a really catchy tune. Here you go then, at number 13 on my Christmas countdown, I give you Coldplay with Christmas Lights.

13
Coldplay

Christmas Lights



Have you seen the 1999 version of A Christmas Carol and want to share your thoughts on it with me? Or do you want to share with me what your favourite Christmas movie is? You can comment on this post or follow me on all of my social media if you do. I would love to know what you guys have to say. I’ll be back tomorrow with another Christmassy post and number 12 on my Christmas music chart, so be sure to come back for that. Until then, keep festive, keep smiling and above all else, keep believing!

TRENT

Social Media links

Spotify: Search for “trentblogs” 


Comments