Birmingham Christmas Market

Welcome to my 6th day of Blogmas!

I don’t know if I have ever spoken about it before, but I live in Birmingham, the UK’s second largest city. It is an incredible place to live, despite its reputation, and I absolutely love it here.

Like most UK cities, it lights up at this time of year and suddenly becomes really busy with lots of shoppers, both resident and tourist, who come to sample some of the magic of this beautiful city. One of the biggest attractions of Birmingham at this time of year is the famous Frankfurt Christmas market, which arrives in early November and stays until just before Christmas day itself. For those who live here, it is an amazing tradition and signals the start of the festive period. For the thousands who come to visit, it offers so much in terms of festive gifts and treats, as well as all the fun and magic of Christmas and even just a fun day out!

About three weeks ago, a group of friends and I visited the market. I took a lot of photos whilst there and I hope you enjoy!

The fairground wheel next to the stunning Birmingham library, both look really nice all lit up!
Doesn't the library look stunning when the lights are on?

A very large hotdog!

Mmm...Stollen cake!

The wonderful Christmas tree near to Victoria Square!





You can warm yourself up with some hot wine and get it in one of these cool Reichstag mugs. 



BLOGMAS MUSIC CHART

I only discovered that there was a Christmas version of today’s song just a few years ago, but it is a good track. Although not intended as a Christmas song originally, releasing it with a Christmas video and interpreting it to be about the nativity story has made this an iconic piece of festive music. Most people in the UK will know that it was covered in recent years for a TV advert, so it will be familiar to you, even if it is not this exact version. Here is my choice at number 16 on this chart, Frankie Goes to Hollywood with their version of The Power of Love.

16
Frankie Goes To Hollywood

Power of Love


Thank you so much for reading. Have you been to the Birmingham Christmas market, or one similar to it? You can let me know about your experiences or send me your pictures on my social media or in the comments at the end of this post. I hope you are enjoying my Blogmas posts and remember to come back tomorrow for another one, and for the next instalment of my Christmas music countdown. Until then, keep festive, keep smiling and above all keep believing!

TRENT

Social Media links

Spotify: Search for “trentblogs” 


Comments