Life Updates December 12th

It’s Saturday again, which means it’s time for the latest news on what’s going on in my life.

PLACEMENT

After being reluctant to undertake this particular section of my placement year initially, I am sad that I have just two days left before it is over. I have thoroughly enjoyed myself and will miss it being part of my life. It has given me a real insight into so many new things, as well as giving me skills that I will be able to take away with me, and which will stay with me forever.

However, the reality of next year, and the next step of this year, has just hit me. I am going to France for six months and this has me both nervous and excited at the same time.  More information about this will be coming up in the next few weeks and into the New Year, so keep up to date with me to find out more about it.

BLOGGING

This week, I hit 3000 pageviews! Wow, you guys really are so amazing! Thank you for this! To have got past yet another milestone just fills me with so much confidence and spurs me on to continue posting for you all.

Blogmas is approaching the halfway mark already. If you haven’t checked out any of my other posts over the last 12 days, please do. There are some really good festive posts in there, along with my Christmas songs countdown. I am sure there is going to be something you enjoy. As this month of posts every day continues, more festive posts are on the way and I am incredibly excited to be able to share some more Christmassy content with you all.

BLOGMAS MUSIC CHART

Can you believe that the top 10 is already just one song away? I had a very hard time choosing that top 10 and it was difficult to decide which songs would be there and which wouldn’t. Whilst discussing it with friends, I have described this choice as “the controversial number 11” because for most other people, it would be in the top 10 without question. However, for me, it just misses out, in spite of its status as a ground-breaking, and iconic track.

These days, we are used to large charity singles, but back in 1984, nothing like this song had ever been done before. Therefore, it broke down barriers and all of the charity singles which followed owe a lot to this group of artists, and of course, the genius writing of Bob Geldof and Midge Ure. If you haven’t guessed by now, I have put Band Aid’s 1984 hit Do They Know It’s Christmas as my “controversial number 11”. Enjoy, and feel free to debate its exclusion from the top ten in the comments section!

11
Band Aid (1984)

Do They Know It’s Christmas?


There you are then. As I said, feel free to comment below if you agree/disagree with any of the choices on my chart, or let me know your thoughts via social media. Tomorrow is my review of Doctor Who series 9 as a whole, and on top of that, we enter my top ten Christmas songs ever! Come back tomorrow for that and until then, keep festive, keep smiling and above all, keep believing!

TRENT

Social Media links

Spotify: Search for “trentblogs” 


Comments