Candy!

It’s day 17 of Blogmas and time for another festive post for you all. Enjoy!

I mentioned in a previous post about how I receive lots of chocolate and sweets at Christmas. Today I wanted to talk a bit about how I indulge my sweet tooth at this time of year.

It is fair to say I definitely prefer chocolate over sweets, despite the fact that I love them both. Over the festive period, I receive large boxes of candy as presents because, as explained in a previous post, I am a difficult person to buy for. I absolutely love the fact that I have easy access to so much junk food and candy at Christmas. Advent calendars, as well, help me to satisfy my love of chocolate, albeit for a brief period every day. If you are like me and are a lover of anything sweet, Christmas is an amazing time to just kick back and eat as much rubbish as you like.

However, I do have a bad story about over-indulging at Christmas. When I was 15, I received a large box of chocolate biscuits (cookies for my international readers) for Christmas. As someone who loves both chocolate and biscuits, it was a great thing to get me. The day after Christmas day, I started to eat them. And then I kept eating. Before I knew it, I had eaten three quarters of the box. At this age, I had no idea of the limits of my own body, but I was about to find out. I felt the effects that night and was very sick the next day. Since then, I have tried to be more careful when over-eating at Christmas, or in fact at any time.

I suppose the message from this is to be careful, but still remember to treat yourself. It is Christmas after all!

BLOGMAS MUSIC CHART

Already on this countdown, we have seen the first half of the war for Christmas number one in 1973. This is well documented as the year when the battle to be top of the chart at Christmas in the UK began, and has been hotly contested ever since. So, in a way, both this and Wizzard’s I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day were pioneers in this respect. In the end, this band won out and got the coveted number one spot that year. Sure to have you screaming “IT’S CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISTMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSS!” by the end of it, here is the brilliant Merry Christmas Everyone from Slade, which just misses out on the top 5, landing at number 6. Enjoy!

6
Slade

Merry Christmas Everybody


That’s it for this Blogmas post. Thanks for reading, and if you have anything you’d like to say about anything I’ve written you can do so via my social media or in the comments below. Be sure to keep up with me to get updates on whenever I post next. Until my next post, keep festive, keep smiling and above all, keep believing!

TRENT

TWITTER
FACEBOOK
INSTAGRAM
YOUNOW
YOUTUBE
TUMBLR
WATTPAD
SPOTIFY
trentblogs


Comments