Trent's Tracks Through the Decades 11



Hello everyone and welcome back to Trent’s Tracks: Through the Decades, where we are still in 1980s week.

Over the course of five weeks (October 24th – November 27th), I will be exploring some of the finest music from each of the last five decades (yes, that’s a whole week for each decade) with a brand new song being added to the list every single day. By the end of the five weeks, there will be 35 songs on the list for you to enjoy from throughout the last 46 years.

Today, I have another classic 80s group for you.

Over the course of the decade, Wham! had several hits, including the likes of Freedom, I’m Your Man, and of course the festive classic Last Christmas.

The 80s was their decade, and this was without a doubt their best song as a group (George Michael has gone on and had success as a solo artist since their split in 1986) and is a dance classic from 1984.

I give you, Wham! with Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, one of the most recognisable songs from one of the most loved groups of the 80s.

Wham!

Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go





What do you think of Wham!?

What do you think of this song?

Where does it rank in 1980s songs for you?

As usual, I will leave my social media links in the table below, and invite you to use the comments section to leave me your thoughts on this and on anything I’ve posted about it.

I hope you’re really enjoying this series so far. Tomorrow will be day 5 of the 1980s week, and I know you’ll really love the song I’ve chosen, as well as the others that remain this week. So, be sure to look out for that post tomorrow and until then, keep positive, keep smiling, and above all else, keep on believing!




SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS


Comments