Trent's Tracks May 8th



Welcome to the third day of this Trent’s Tracks weekend.

This is going to be the oldest addition to the list so far, and I am very proud to say that I appreciate this song in spite of the fact that I wouldn’t be born until almost a decade after its release.

Everything about this song screams 1980s at you; the hair, the video, the use of synth. It is quite right, therefore, that this is one of the most iconic songs of the decade, and is one that even those born after its release will recognise. Not only that, but the video was at the time ground-breaking and has itself become a huge icon, with its mix of animation and live action, and is still loved and viewed as much today as it was thirty years ago. This is clear when you look at the fact that it has been viewed more than 250 million times on YouTube, something some new artists can only dream of.

Here it is then, I give you the incredible Norwegian sensation, a-ha, with the unforgettable Take On Me, from 1985. One of the best songs of all time, I’m sure you’ll agree.

a-ha

Take On Me





And that concludes today’s post, and this weekend of Trent’s Tracks, but don’t worry, this starts all over again on Friday. Before then, you have another week of daily posts to look forward to as well, and to keep up with when I post, you can follow me on all of my social media links which are in the table below. Also, let me know your thoughts on this song in the comments below.

Until tomorrow, keep active, keep smiling, and, above all else, keep believing.

Comments