Exam Essentials Kit



Hello again all.

After talking about exam preparation in the last few weeks, this week’s posts will be all about what to do when it comes to the exam itself.

To kick off this week, I am going to be giving you a list of what I believe to be essential items to take into an exam with you. Before I begin, I should just say that some of these things will only be allowed in certain exams and not others. You should always check what you can take in with you before you go into an exam room.

·         At least TWO pens. This is just a standard piece of advice that most people in education would give, because in most cases, you are expected to be sufficiently prepared in this area. If you only bring one, which for any reason might run out, it may well be that invigilators will either not have a spare pen, or could refuse to provide you with one. So, always bring at least two, and don’t take the risk.

·         The same as above, but for pencils if your exam requires you to bring them. (don’t forget an eraser either!)

·         Highlighter pens. These can be such a useful tool in so many different types of exams. For me, as a visual learner, I find that if I highlight certain parts of texts or questions as I go along with highlighters, it makes it easier to understand things.

·         Ruler, for maths exams, but also for underlining key info or to make crossing out neater.

·         At least one bottle of water. I spoke about personal health in the first week of this month, including the importance of food and drink. It is more important than ever to keep yourself hydrated during this exam period, including whilst you are taking the test itself. It will keep your brain in tune, and allow you to focus better.

·         Calculator (for maths or scientific exams). Obviously this is useful, but rules are changing on the use of personal calculators in exams, in all levels of education, so be sure to check beforehand to avoid any confusion or accusations of cheating.

I know that a lot of this is basic stuff, but remembering what you may need, and having an “essentials kit” of everything you can take in with you is a great idea to ensure that you are prepared properly for your exams.

Did I miss anything off of this list? Do you have any suggestions of other things you consider to be important in exams? You can let me know in the comments or click on any of the social media links below to get in touch. I hope it is going well for all of you who are taking exams right now. My next post will be up tomorrow, so keep up to date with me for when that goes live. Until then, keep active, keep smiling, and above all else, keep believing!




SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS


Comments