Don't forget to eat during exam season!



Hello to all! Welcome to the first post in my exams series. I hope the advice I give over the course of this month is going to be useful to you in some way. Let’s go!

So, during this difficult and testing time, where you put so much time and effort into revision, preparation, and even just THINKING about exams, it gets easy to overlook our health. It is easy to forget while spending hours and hours going over notes, and reading up, that taking care of ourselves is just as important when it comes to succeeding. That is why I have chosen to dedicate this first week to advice on how to look after personal health, starting today with eating.

As someone who regularly struggles to find and maintain an eating routine, I can understand just how hard it can be to remember to eat, particularly when you are stressed or under pressure. What’s strange is that when you are stressed, it is more important than ever to eat and give your body the fuel it needs, despite the fact that you are less likely to remember to, because of the stress.

Below I’ve outlined five things I advise doing to set and maintain a healthy eating routine over this exam period.

·         Prioritise food. It is more important to you than work, whatever anyone else might say. Your health should be at the top of your list of priorities, with work always coming in below it.

·         Eat before working. You will be unable to properly take in any information if you haven’t yet eaten, so make sure that you eat BEFORE attempting any sort of studying. Believe me, you will be more relaxed about your work, and will find you are more able to function if you have fuel in your body.

·         Set a specific time each day when you are going to eat and stick to it. If you do this, you have something to work towards and you are giving yourself a break from studying to eat.

·         If necessary, snacking whilst working can be a very beneficial thing to do, particularly if you’re studying for long periods of time, just to keep you going between your main meals and to ensure that you can stay focussed and fuelled up.

·         Drink plenty of fluids, particularly during hot weather. I cannot stress how important it is to remain hydrated, and is to an extent, more necessary than eating. Try and drink lots of water, but I know this can be difficult, so any sort of hydration during those long studying hours is going to be just as useful to you.

And there we have it. Those were my top tips for maintaining an eating routine during the exam season, and I hope they help. You can let me know if they helped you, or if there is anything you think I’ve missed, you can get in touch via my social media links or in the comments at the end of this post. My next post is coming up tomorrow, so until then, keep active, keep smiling, and above all else, keep believing!

TRENT

SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS


Comments