Revision Techniques 2


Hello again all!

Today I’m going to be giving you part 2 of my revision techniques. I posted part 1 yesterday which you can check out here http://stayblogitive.blogspot.com/2016/05/revision-techniques.html

PAST PAPERS

This is one of the most common ways of preparing for any exam, and they can be useful for so many reasons.

·         Prepares you for the format of an exam

·         Sometimes, the questions may come up again in your exam paper but slightly differently. I have benefited myself from answering questions on a previous year’s paper when I found that one of them was in my paper, just worded differently.

·         Some teachers or lecturers are willing to look over what you’ve written and tell you how to improve, which can lead to a more successful performance in the real exam.

WRITE QUIZZES

One of my favourite methods of revising is to create quizzes, and then have others test me as to whether I know the answers. For me, this trains me to recall information on the spot in response to questions, a skill which is required during exams. Not only that, but I love quizzes and trivia, so for me this is a fun way of getting through the stressful task of revision.

DRAW PICTURES OR COMICS

This can be a great way of turning lists of information into an easy to understand format. This is great for people who are creative or who, like myself, are visual learners. In addition, they are just another fun method of learning or going over information. Below is an example, which demonstrates which verbs in French use être in the past tense instead of avoir by putting them all into a picture of a house.




POETRY OR RHYMES

The last method I want to talk about is the use of poetry or rhymes. In my view, this is an incredibly easy way of taking in lots of information, and once again, it puts it into a format that a lot of people can easily use. They don’t even have to be full length poems or rhymes, just a few lines will do. Or, as is the case below, an acrostic means you are simply remembering a lot of information with just one word. You may notice that this is the same information as used in the house picture above, but presented in a different way.

MR VAN STRAMPED

Mourir

Retourner

Venir

Aller

Naître

Sortir

Tomber

Rester

Arriver

Monter

Partir

Entrer

Descendre



And that is it for today. Obviously, this list of methods is by no means exhaustive, and I am happy to hear any suggestions of ones I may have missed. You can let me know of any I didn’t include by commenting below, or by following me on all of my social media links in the table at the end of this post (including Instagram which has now changed colour). Don’t forget that there will be another post up tomorrow, so be sure to come back for that. Until then, keep active, keep smiling, and above all else, keep believing!





SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS


Comments