Revision Do's and Don'ts


Welcome to the last post of this week about revision.

For the last instalment of this group of posts, I am going to be giving you a list of my top DO’S and DON’TS when it comes to revision.

DO

-          Plan well in advance and plan well, through timetables and organising your notes

-          Get plenty of sleep

-          Remember to maintain a healthy eating routine because this is just as important as studying is

-          Take regular breaks and maintain both hobbies and social activities

DON’T

-          Cram. This is 100% the WORST thing you can do. It is ineffective because your mind is unable to take in information in such large doses

-          Pull an all-nighter before your exam. I know so many people who do this and I absolutely do not approve. Depriving yourself of sleep will mean you will be unable to concentrate during the exam. There isn’t much purpose in it because as I’ve just said, your mind can’t take in information in such large quantities at once, something which is made even worse when combined with fatigue.

-          Panic. You are far more capable of doing this than you give yourself credit for. You have to have confidence that you can do it. Just remember what I always say at the end of every post – keep believing!

That is my list of what to do and what not to do when it comes to revision. If you have any thoughts on this list, or anything else I post about, you can leave a comment or follow me on all of the social media links below (Instagram has now changed colour if you hadn’t already noticed!). Thank you for all of your support throughout this week. Tomorrow begins my second Trent’s Tracks weekend, so look out for that. Until then, keep active, keep smiling, and above all else, keep believing!

Comments