Blogtober: Can Sexuality Change?



Hello again everyone, and welcome back to week 2 of my Blogtober challenge. If you missed any of the posts that have gone up so far, you can catch up on the links down below:


11: Pride






For today’s post, I wanted to discuss something which may be controversial. I want to ask a question:

Can sexuality change?

If somebody asked me this question, I would have no hesitation in answering yes.

Before you all get angry, let me explain my reasons for this.

Simply based on my own personal experience, I believe that sexuality is a fluid thing which CAN change over time. Until around a year ago, I identified as gay but have since come out as bisexual.

We are all evolving all of the time, and we all change throughout our lives.

As we get older, we develop new tastes in music, food, clothes, whilst some of the things we used to love fall out of favour with us. Our personalities and interests are constantly shifting as we gain more experience and learn about ourselves along our life journeys.

I know there are people out there who once identified as bisexual but after time realised they were gay. Some come out as gay but then come out as bisexual (like I did) and there are others who figure out their sexuality and then discover their gender identities later on, thus coming out more than once.

My point is that our identities don’t stay the same and we are entitled to change and be happy with self-evolution.

I am aware that if I say sexuality can change then this raises another very problematic subject – conversion therapy.

Even though I believe sexuality can change, I completely and totally DO NOT believe in or condone those people who claim they can “cure” sexuality with therapy. It is just madness to even think that going through a programme of therapy will turn a gay person straight.

Sexuality can change, but it is a process which occurs naturally and cannot be forced by frankly delusional so-called “therapists”.

Final thought on the matter:

Sexuality can change, but it cannot BE changed



What do you think?

Can sexuality change?

Please let me know your thoughts in the comments or on my Twitter (@TrentBlogs).

I have two more LGBT posts coming up, so keep an eye out for when they go live. Until then, keep positive, keep smiling, and above all, keep believing!



Comments