Blogmas 2016: JKL



Welcome back to Blogmas everybody. I am still catching up, so this post will be J, K, and L in our festive alphabet.

JUMPERS

This is another thing I spoke about during last year’s Blogmas, but I will talk about it again briefly.

Christmas jumpers are traditionally seen as garish and are a source of great amusement, and yet they somehow seem to have become fashionable in recent years. Their designs are less ugly, with there now being a wide range of very trendy festive knitwear for us all to enjoy.

For the last four years, I have bought into this trend (something I rarely do) and have bought a new Christmas jumper every December since 2013.

I rather like this tradition I have created for myself. Here you are then guys, here is my 2016 Christmas jumper.




JOY

Even as an adult, I still have the same feeling of joy that I had when I was little. This is such a wondrous, happy time of year, and we should all get to feel that sense of joy and happiness that the festive season brings.

KINDNESS

I, of course, promote kindness to everybody all year round, but remember that being respectful to others is also a huge part of what Christmas is all about. We are all one, and we should all be good spirited and share the love with one another, particularly at this time of celebration when we should remember that all people are equal and deserving of the same level of kindness.  

LIGHTS

Something I noticed on my journey home from university last Friday is the amount of houses that had outdoor Christmas lights. Being in the middle of a huge city means that you find fewer and fewer examples of domestic lights because the area is mainly business oriented, with the residences that are there being flats and apartments which don’t have outside space.

However, as you move out of the middle of the city, to places where there are more houses, you begin to notice the fantastic displays that people have put up. These beautiful lit-up facades are a true example of how much people are willing to celebrate this holiday and show off how festive they are.

Sadly, I don’t have any photos for you, but if anyone wants to share any with me on social media, you can do so via the links in the table at the end of this post.


And that is it for this post. Leave a comment or use social media if you wish to let me know what you think of it.


The next post will be up soon, but until then, keep festive, keep smiling, and above all, keep believing!




SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS


Comments