Blogmas 2016: G



Hello again everyone, and welcome along to the G post of this Blogmas A-Z.

GINGERBREAD HOUSE

In recent years, I have seen many people on the internet build gingerbread houses for a festive video/ Vlogmas event. Usually, I don’t get in on these kind of internet trends (partly because I write blogposts rather than make videos) but this year I decided that I would get in on the action for the first time, and have a go at constructing one.

All the bits and pieces ready to go!


It’s fair to say it didn’t get off to the best of starts. The walls didn’t stick together first time (because I used the wrong type of icing for it) so I had to start again. Once I did, one of the wall panels broke in half before I’d even put the fourth wall on. Not only that, but without even getting close to putting it on, one of the roof pieces also broke. So, at this point, I considered giving up on the whole thing altogether. However, after encouragement from my flatmates who were in the room (not helping, but supporting me from the sidelines) I kept on going.

I stuck the two broken bits back together with icing, which thankfully worked, and hoped that there would be no further breakages. Eventually, I did manage to make the walls stick together and then add the roof. (If you look at the left side of the roof on the picture below, you can see the repaired crack!)




Construction (finally) finished!


Decoration time!





Overall, although it started badly and perhaps isn’t the most aesthetically pleasing gingerbread house I’ve ever seen, I am still proud of it. I’m glad I tried it, and of course I got to eat it at the end so all’s good!



Have you tried building a gingerbread house and would like to share your experiences/photos? You can do so on my social media or in the comments section, and I would love to hear about/see some other examples.

Look out for my H post which is coming soon on this page, and until then, keep festive, keep smiling, and above all else, keep believing!




SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS


Comments