Blogmas 2016: E



Hello again everyone and welcome back to Blogmas 2016. For the letter E, I thought I would give you my long awaited next End of an Era post. I haven’t updated since the end of September, and a lot has happened since then for me to fill you in on.

DISSERTATION

You may recall that one of my major worries before the start of term was the thought of having to do my dissertation. At the time, I thought that I would end up having to do two, due to the fact that I am doing a Joint Honours degree. However, I found out not long after starting term that I would only have to do ONE, and that I could choose which side of my degree I did it on. Obviously, this was a great relief, and in spite of the huge amount of work I knew I would have to do, it felt good to know that it would be half the amount I originally thought it would be.

I then got the opportunity to go back to France to carry out the research for my project. Since I came back from my placement year in June, I had been itching to go back, so when my supervisor suggested this as part of my project, I was absolutely over the moon. Returning to a place I loved so much when I was there was incredible, and I had an amazing week being back there and having the chance to explore it a bit more (when I wasn’t working of course).

There is still a long way to go with my dissertation, but I have now got the ball rolling, and am progressing with it. 

OTHER UNI WORK

As far as my other work goes, there is an awful lot to do.

I have three, yes THREE, assignments due in in January, which means my Christmas holiday is going to be quite busy. Whilst this is going to be stressful, I know that having more essays now because I chose to do more modules this term will leave me with more time next term to finish off my dissertation. So, I think that although it is difficult right now, it will turn out to be a smart choice in the new year when there won’t be as many other things to work on and my disso can be my main focus.

This term has been quite stressful, and at times this has resulted in disagreements with some of my lecturers, who don’t always seem to realise that I have other modules to do work for, and that this can make things really tough. Although these issues have been resolved quite quickly, the anxiety they gave me made things that bit more difficult than they needed to be.

DOCTOR WHO SOCIETY

A welcome relief to all of the stress this year has been my role as president of the Doctor Who Society at my uni.

Through this opportunity, I have had something brilliant to look forward to each week, no matter how tough that week was. I love every minute of this role, and I am enjoying it so much. I have met some amazing new people as well, not just those who come to meetings, but also through liaising with other societies in my position as president.

I am blown away by how much I love doing this, and have every intention of carrying on with it.

POST-GRADUATION

Even though it feels like it might be a bit too early to think about what will come after graduation next July, I have begun the process of deciding what the next step is. There may be plenty of time left until I finish, but I would like to secure something, or at the very least have an idea of which direction I’m heading in, for the sake of having peace of mind ha I’m not going to be left with nothing, or with something I don’t really want.

I should mention that at this stage I am not entirely sure what I want to do, so my options are quite open still. However, I wanted to discuss one potential avenue on here because it is a prospect I am really excited about.

Whilst talking to a careers advisor, I mentioned that I have a passion for blogging. She then proceeded to talk me through a number of different possible careers related to blogging. Up until she did this, I was unaware of just how many opportunities this little hobby of mine could lead to, and that this is something I could do professionally! So, thanks to this page, and thanks to you guys, I could have a career in blogging or professional writing, which would be AMAZING!

BLOGGING

Now it’s time to move on to what’s happened in my life as far as blogging is concerned since my last EoaE update.

Not only did this page pass 6,000 views in October, it then broke through the 7,000 mark at the end of November. I still cannot believe that this thing I created at the start of last year has got to this point and I am incredibly grateful to all of you for what you’ve helped me achieve in such a short space of time.

CHRISTMAS IS COMING!

I cannot believe it, but next Friday (December 16th) this term will be over and it will be the Christmas holidays. These three months have gone by so quickly, and we are now just a few weeks away from saying goodbye to 2016.

Right now, I am feeling so festive as the holidays approach. I am just super excited for Christmas this year, and being able to relax (at least for a bit) and enjoy being at home. I also have Blogmas which I am super happy to be doing for the second year in a row, and that I hope you guys are enjoying so far. (I will catch up eventually on all of the posts I’ve missed in the last few days).



And that is what has been going on in my life this term. As ever, I am going to leave you my social media if you want to DM or send me your thoughts on any of my posts. The F post will be up soon, so look out for that. Until then, though, keep festive, keep smiling, and above all, keep believing!


SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS


Comments