Blogmas 2016: B



Welcome to the second part of this year’s Blogmas, part B.

BAUBLES

I’m sure that you’ve all by now begun to decorate for the festive season.

As a child, I loved it when it was time to put up the tree and hang loads of decorations on it. Over the years when I was growing up, we collected several different kinds of baubles, of all different colours, shapes, and sizes, bought for previous Christmases. Because of this, putting up the tree became a treasure trove of digging through our past and remembering some of the festive periods from years gone by. So, in way, decorating the tree with baubles is not just about the current year, but also about all of the festive memories they evoke.

BAR CRAWL

This Thursday, I went on the annual festive bar crawl at my university, with all money raised from ticket sales going to HIV charities in aid of World AIDS day. As ever, this was an absolutely incredible night out, spent with so many great friends that I am truly grateful to have.  

I’m sure many of you are going to go to similar events and parties over the festive season, and (without wanting to sound patronising or preachy) I want you to remember to stay safe. Have fun, but be sensible and don’t do anything stupid.

BLOGMAS


When it came to Blogmas, I was in two minds as to whether or not to do it. I did not want to bombard you with too many posts – after all, I have only just finished the Through the Decades series where there were daily posts for over a month.

However, after really thinking about it, I decided that I would go ahead and do it. I really enjoyed doing it last year, and it really got me in a festive mood posting every day for you all.

Once I’d decided I was going ahead with it, I had to find a way to do it which would be different to last year’s Blogmas series, which was my first one, where I discussed a lot of topics already which I wanted to avoid talking about again so that my content would be different. Although initially difficult, I very quickly settled on the A-Z idea, and that is what you will be getting throughout the month of December.

If you are a blogger, and are thinking about doing some sort of Blogmas challenge yourself, I highly recommend it. It is a very fun way of sharing your favourite parts of this magical time of year with your readers.



And, that is all for the letter B of this Blogmas A-Z. I will leave you my social media links in the table and remind you that there is a comment section if you want to leave your thoughts on anything I’ve posted about.

Hope your festive preparations are going well so far, and that you’re enjoying Blogmas. Part C will be up very soon so look forward to that. Until then, though, remember to keep festive, keep smiling, and above all, keep on believing!


SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS


Comments