B.E.D.A 2018: Day Two



Hello again everyone, and welcome to day 2 of my BEDA challenge.

ALCOHOL

Today, I wanted to talk about something super important that I don’t think I am open enough about, either online or in real life – ALCOHOL.

Just over a year ago, I stopped drinking alcohol, and currently have no intention to ever drink again. Here are just a few reasons why.

I WAS USING IT AS A COPING MECHANISM

I was using drink and my weekly drinking sessions to try and cope with the stress of being at uni because I thought that getting drunk and forgetting my problems was a way to help me.

I realise now that this is 100% wrong for me.

Rather than make my problems better or helping me to deal with being stressed, alcohol did in fact make things worse. Because of hangovers, I missed key meetings and was less productive. By stopping me doing what needed to be done, drinking made me more stressed.

I WAS GETTING MORE DRUNK, AND DOING SO MORE OFTEN

Looking back, I was in a dangerous downward spiral of drinking more and getting drunker – needing to get drunker – every time I went out. The increase in the amount of alcohol I was consuming mean it was possible I was verging on a low-level addiction or dependency which is NEVER a healthy thing to have.

IT WAS MAKING ME MORE DEPRESSED

Bearing in mind that I suffer from bouts of depression anyway, there is no doubt that it has been made worse by my drinking in the past. Alcohol is known to be a depressant drug so for anyone who has or has had depression, it is never a good idea to drink because it WILL make you feel worse.

I DON’T NEED IT

Putting all of these things together, it became obvious to me that I had to stop. I realised the negative effect that booze was having on my health, both physical and mental, and that without it, I could be a better person. And after about a month, I lost any real need I ever had for it, if indeed I even did need it. I have, at this stage at least, no intention at all to ever drink again. I don’t ever want to bring back the dark days that it brought to my life, and there are so many other, better, less destructive coping mechanisms out there.

DRINK PLENTY OF WATER


For today’s inspo quote, I wanted to just give you all a gentle reminder to make sure you drink enough water.

It is a piece of advice that is thrown around a lot these days and nobody seems to take it seriously, but it is so important to take it on board. Water has so many health benefits, even if you just get around to drinking one glass a day.

·         Naturally detoxes your body by flushing out toxins and other things which can cause infection

·         Increases energy levels

·         Reduces fatigue

·         Boosts the immune system

·         Natural cure for many medical ailments including headaches, constipation, and joint pain

·         Water can aid in weight loss (if that’s something you’re trying to do)

·         Improves the complexion of your skin

·         Aids in the process of digestion

These are just a few of the numerous benefits that drinking water can have on your body, so if we all try and drink more of it, our health could improve significantly. Why not give it a try, eh?

SONGS OF 2008: 58 AND 57

Now it’s time to carry on with the countdown of my favourite songs turning a decade old this year, with the next two songs sitting at 58 and 57 on my list.

At 58, it is a reworked cover version of a classic song by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. Norwegian duo Madcon took the classic track “Beggin’” and turned it into a worldwide smash back in 2008 when they released this version. I’m sure you’ll instantly remember it the second you hear it. Here they are, Madcon, with Beggin’.

At 57, I give you the Gym Class Heroes and their song, Cookie Jar ft. The Dream. Enjoy!

58
Madcon

Beggin’

57
Gym Class Heroes ft. The Dream

Cookie Jar




And that is it for today’s post. My social media links are in the sidebar if you want to give me a follow.

I have part 3 of BEDA coming out tomorrow so keep an eye out for that. Until then though, keep positive, keep smiling, and above all, keep believing!



Comments