B.E.D.A 2018: Day Thirteen



Hello again all, and welcome to day 13 of BEDA 2018.

Frug Friday: My initial reaction

As promised last week, I am going to carry on today with my Frug Friday series, where I talk about my dog. Today’s post is about my initial reactions and how I felt about my dog at the beginning.

I’ll admit that due to the problems I’d had with dogs throughout my life, I was not best pleased when I found out we were getting one.

I was old enough and sensible enough to acknowledge that it wasn’t really my decision and I couldn’t tell my family what to do, no matter how much I didn’t want to have a dog in my life. I was convinced that I would only ever tolerate him, and that he would never be a close companion of mine.

The idea, as far as I was concerned, was to keep my distance where possible and let the dog bond with everyone else but me.

But in those first few weeks, I spent time with him and got close to him and came to realise that he was one of the sweetest, most loyal animals there ever could be.

I will tell the next part of this story next Friday.  


Why do I believe in this quote? Surely saying yes to more things is scary, right?

Yes (pardon the pun) but also no. Saying yes to new things or to new experiences that scare you can be a good thing. If you want to try something new or different but it scares you to do so, it is worth giving it a go. Why not try it out if that’s what you want?

In a way, I guess this is linked to another saying – if you never try then you never know.

SONGS OF 2008

Back to my 2008 tracks countdown now.

At 36, it’s Coldplay, who came back in 2008 with one of the best albums ever made (in my opinion). This is just one of the incredible songs you can find on Viva La Vida – this is Violet Hill.

At 35, this song knocked Madonna off the top of the charts. It is catchy as hell and even a decade on, I still listen to it, and still love it. Here are The Ting Tings, with That’s Not My Name.

36
Coldplay

Violet Hill

35
The Ting Tings

That’s Not My Name




And that’s it for this post.

Until my next post, keep positive, keep smiling, and above all, keep believing!

Comments