B.E.D.A 2018: Day Six



Hello again everyone, and welcome to the 6th part of BEDA 2018.

Frug Friday: I was afraid of dogs before we got one

From now on, Fridays are going to be bit different here on Stay Blogitive! I have decided to start a new series (This Week wasn’t really working out so I’ve replaced it) called Frug Friday. I’ll be sharing the story of my dog (who’s a cross between a Frenchie and a pug), and how my relationship with both him and other dogs has changed over time.

Before we even get into my relationship with my own dog, I want to talk about what my feelings about dogs were before he arrived in my life.

Prior to owning one, I did not like dogs. I hated them. I feared them.

I could not walk past a dog or see one without a huge jolt of fear going straight to my heart. It was this way for as long as I could remember with no apparent event that triggered it.

No dog could come near me without me screaming in terror or running away. I would cross the street and walk on the other side just to avoid having to go near any dogs. Just going to a park used to give me anxiety because I was scared that I would get attacked by a dog, particularly the big aggressive-looking ones.

This fear dominated the first twenty-two years of my life and I never thought I would get over it.

Next week, I’ll tell you the next part of my frug story – getting a dog and my initial feelings about him.




I always try to remind myself to be productive, even if it is in small ways, and that this is key to keeping me going through the good times and the bad. The following are all little examples of how you can be productive.

·         Cleaning

·         Tidying

·         Sorting

·         Talking to someone

·         Getting a piece of work done – or even a part of it

·         Self-care such as washing, changing your clothes, combing your hair, eating, and making sure you drink enough water

There are so many ways of being productive, and they aren’t all grand, sometimes the smallest things you manage to achieve can have the biggest impact.

SONGS OF 2008

Today we enter the top 50 of my favourite songs of 2008.

She had another song just outside the top 50 and now she has another one to kick it off. I must admit that when Katy Perry released this song in the summer of 2008, I did not like it straight away. It took a while for me to get into it, which is why for such a big hit it is sitting quite low on this countdown. Here is the worldwide smash hit I Kissed A Girl.

For some reason, Nickelback get a lot of hate. There seems to be so much contempt towards them and I have spent years trying to work out why. I am a fan of their music and if anyone doesn’t like that, well that’s tough. And do you know what else? They may yet have another entry on this chart somewhere. For now, I give you Gotta Be Somebody.

50
Katy Perry

I Kissed A Girl

49
Nickelback

Gotta Be Somebody




Thanks for reading.

My next post will be up tomorrow. Until then, remember to keep positive, keep smiling, and above all, keep believing!



Comments