Trent's Tracks Through the Decades 3



Hello everyone, and welcome back to Trent’s Tracks: Through the Decades.

Over the course of five weeks (October 24th – November 27th), I will be exploring some of the finest music from each of the last five decades (yes, that’s a whole week for each decade) with a brand new song being added to the list every single day. By the end of the five weeks, there will be 35 songs on the list for you to enjoy from throughout the last 46 years.

Today we continue our trip through the 1970s with one of the most recognisable dance tracks of all time.

This is one of those songs that everyone seems to be able to like and I guarantee that you ALL know how to dance to this. My best memory associated with it is when all of my teachers danced to it at my school prom when I was 16. One of the most bizarre, yet one of the most memorable things I have ever seen in my life. The enduring popularity of this song is clear from both the 100 million + views the video has had on YouTube, and the fact that everyone knows the moves (come on, admit you do) even four decades on.

There isn’t a lot else to say about this except that I hope you enjoy it. Here is YMCA from The Village People.

Village People

Y.M.C.A





What do you think of this track? You can use my social media links below or the comments to let me know your thoughts on this or any of the other posts I put up – I am always happy to get feedback on this page.

Our trip through the 1970s will carry on with another great track tomorrow, so keep up to date to find out when that goes live, and until then, keep positive, keep smiling, and above all else, keep believing.




SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS


Comments