Trent's Tracks: Through the Decades 2



Hello everyone, and welcome back to Trent’s Tracks: Through the Decades.

Over the course of five weeks (October 24th – November 27th), I will be exploring some of the finest music from each of the last five decades (yes, that’s a whole week for each decade) with a brand new song being added to the list every single day. By the end of the five weeks, there will be 35 songs on the list for you to enjoy from throughout the last 46 years.

Today’s song comes from Grease, one of the biggest films of the 1970s.

Over the years, the movie has become a classic, with one of the most recognisable soundtracks of all time. The love for this movie has crossed the generations, and I know people my own age and younger who love Grease and the songs it gave to the world.

This song is the last one to feature in the film, and is part of the iconic final scene when Danny and Sandy finally get together. It is an absolute favourite, and a very recognisable tune. Here it is then, I give you track number 2 in my look at the 1970s; John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John with the brilliant You’re The One That I Want.

John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John

You’re The One That I Want





Do you like Grease? Do you agree or disagree with the status of the film and soundtrack as cultural icons? Is there a better song than You’re The One That I Want which you feel better deserves a place on this list?

You can, as always, let me know your thoughts in the comments or on my social media links (they’re all in the table below) and I look forward to hearing what you think.

Our journey through the 1970s will continue tomorrow with another great song, so stay tuned for that. Until then, though, keep positive, keep smiling, and above all else, keep believing!




SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS


Comments