Trent's Tracks October 7th



Hello again, and welcome to the last Trent’s Tracks before we go through the decades in a little over two weeks' time. (See my last post to find out more about this!)

American singer Pink is generally known for her hard attitude, with many of her videos and songs presenting her as a tough cookie who doesn’t take any s*** from anyone. Whether or not this is reflected in her personality, I don’t know, but it is the character we have come to know as Pink ever since her first single dropped at the turn of the millennium.

For that reason, songs like this are a real surprise. As a slower, more emotional track, it showcases another side to Pink’s personality as an artist. It also demonstrates that beneath all of the tough, no nonsense music we have come to expect, there is an incredibly diverse talent that is capable of producing such powerful music as this.

The first time I heard this, it stunned me with how beautiful it was. I loved this track, and its spooky video, the first time I heard it, and have loved it ever since. Without a doubt, this is, despite being one of her lesser-known hits, Pink’s best song.

And so, I give you this week’s song, the emotionally powerful showstopper that is I Don’t Believe You.

Pink

I Don’t Believe You





What are your thoughts on Pink/this song/other emotionally powerful songs? As always, I invite you to leave me a comment or get in touch via my social media links (in the table below) if you want to let me know what you think on this or any other posts I have put up.

Until next time, I remind you to keep active, keep smiling, and above all else, keep believing!

Comments