Why do I blog?

The recent surge of pageviews on this blog (thank you by the way) has got me thinking about why exactly I started blogging in the first place and why I continue to do it. For me, there are three main reasons why I blog.

Means of expression

Almost a year ago when I put up my first post, it was because I wanted somewhere to express my views. Since then, I have continued to use this blog as a place to express exactly what I’m feeling at the time and as a place where I am free to talk about subjects that I have opinions on. I have things I want to say and this seems like a perfect place to share my emotions and my passions with the world.

Writing skills

Although it is something I haven’t really posted about yet, I have a long held aspiration to become an author or writer in some capacity in the future. This blog is a great place to practice my writing skills and to maybe share some of my ideas about writing with people who are willing to take note of what it is I have to say. It also makes sense to practice smaller writing pieces before taking on larger ones and blogposts are a great example of a small writing project and give me an excellent method of learning how to express my ideas in shorter spells. In the future, I am planning to post more about my writing work so make sure you’re following me to get updates when that happens.

Self-confidence

This has been one of the most successful aims of my blogging. Since I posted for the first time and have watched my pageviews and followers rise, it has been such a massive boost to my confidence. I really meant it when I said in my last post that my followers and my readers mean a lot to me. As I have gained a bigger following, I have become more confident about posting and about the quality of the content I am posting. It still makes me so happy whenever I log in and find that someone else has read my page or get a notification to say that I have a new follower on Twitter. This has given me the boost I needed to keep on posting and is the reason I am still posting right now.

Anyway, that’s it for now. These are only the main reasons why I blog and there are plenty of others that I haven’t spoken about. Let me know over on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Instagram what you think by clicking the links below. As ever, keep following, keep reading and above all keep believing.

TRENT

Social Media links

Comments