Warm Colours

Even though I am such a creative person, I have rarely shown that side to my personality on here. That is why I decided to start this series of posts about colour and the way I think about and use colour in my projects and in my day-to-day life. I hope you like these posts and can take some inspiration from this series. 

Today, I wanted to talk about the three main colours I describe as warm colours; red, yellow and orange.

There are a lot of things I associate with red. It can represent so many different things both positive and negative. On the negative side, you have things such as demons, blood and anger. It can be sort of representative of evil, of fire and of death, probably due to the link to blood. However, there are so many wonderful things that might be associated with the colour red. Often it is used to mean love and passion and is the colour of roses and Valentine’s Day. I consider it among the warm colours because of its connection to heat and the intensity of the colour in general.

When it comes to yellow, it is seen as a bright, vibrant colour. It can be cheerful and symbolic of optimism, despite the negative effect its overbearing brightness is known to have on people. I associate it with summer and hot days, as well as sunsets and the skies on long nights. I suppose these links to heat and warmth are why I have categorised it under warm colours.

Let’s talk about the third and final of the warm colours; orange. It is the combination of the deep intensity of red and the vibrant eye-catching nature of yellow. Like yellow, it reminds me of sunset skies and of summer. Of course, it catches your eye and this is one of the reasons I chose to incorporate it into the theme and logo of this page. Naturally, orange has to be put under warm colours, as it is known to be linked to flames and heat.

If I am trying to create an intense, fiery effect on one of my projects or if I want to make things feel warmer, I use these colours and try to put them side by side. This gives the effect of flames and of heat. In some cases, it is only necessary to use two of these three colours for a warm, powerful and intense effect of fire on any artwork or creative project I am working on. When I am planning out and visualising whatever it is I am making, I like to think about concepts like fire or warmth to put into my overall design.

So, there you have it. Those are the colours I consider to be warm colours and I have spoken about what they mean and a little bit about how I use them in my creative works. Do you agree with any of what I’ve said? Do you use warm colours in the ways explained above? Let me know in the comments or via all of my social media links below what you think of these colours and of this series in general and what you think I should talk about next. Until next time, keep reading, keep following and above all, keep believing!

TRENT

Social Media links


Comments