Trent's Tracks July 8th



Hello all. It’s Friday again, which means it’s time for another Trent’s Tracks, which this week will be a DOUBLE recommendation, with two songs instead of the usual one. So, without further ado, let’s go.

Track #1

For the first song I am recommending this week, I am going back further than I have ever gone.

Originally released way back in 1961, this song was rereleased and topped the UK charts in 1986 to coincide with the film of the same name. Not only is that one of my favourite films of all time, but this is one of my favourite ever songs.

Since its release, it has gone on to be one of the most covered songs of all time, with a reported 400+ recorded versions. This just goes to show how much of a legend this song has become, and what an impact this artist has had on the world of music.

Here it is then, Stand By Me. Sadly, we lost Ben E King in April last year, but this song is his legacy, and what a legacy to leave behind.

Ben E King

Stand By Me





Track #2

Now, we move from the oldest song on the list to the newest.

Over a week ago, I watched Coldplay headline Glastonbury (I didn’t go, but I watched it on TV) and they were absolutely incredible. In amongst some of their best hits, they performed a new track which I fell in love with instantly. It is such a catchy song, and it had to be featured on this list.

Coldplay have now become the first artist to have two songs on this list, and this one absolutely deserves to join Fix You.  

Here is the latest offering from Coldplay. It is called Up & Up, and I am sure you will love and sing along to this as much as I have.

Coldplay

Up & Up





There you go then, two very different, but equally amazing songs. As always, you guys can leave a comment or message me on my social media if you want to let me know your thoughts on these two songs, or on anything I post about.

I will be back soon with another post, so until then, keep active, keep smiling, and above all else, keep believing!



SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS


Comments