Goals Review

Hello again everyone, and welcome to today’s post!

On my birthday last year, I set myself some goals as to what I wanted to achieve by the time I reached my birthday this year. With my birthday just days away, I feel that now is the right time to review these goals and see whether or not I managed to achieve them in the last 12 months.

Get to 1000 pageviews

In a previous post, I said that it meant a lot to me to hit 200 pageviews and now I’m looking ahead and hoping that this blog will become more popular over the next twelve months and I think it is realistic to aim to reach 1000 pageviews in that time.

If you’ve been following me over the last year, you will know that this goal has been well and truly smashed. To date, the total number of pageviews is 5,200, which is more than five times what I set out to get just a year ago, when I was still on around 250! Every day, when I look at the stats, I am blown away by the amount of support this page receives, and the amount of countries it has reached, less than eighteen months after it began.

Get 100 followers on Twitter

At the time of writing, I have around 50 followers and would really like to double this within the next year and I hope that you will all share this blog around and get people to follow me on Twitter so that this blog can continue to grow and develop.

Again, this goal has been beaten by some margin, with my Twitter followers currently sitting at 190. It feels great to know that this page and the accompanying social media pages are being read and that people are interested in what I have to say, and this provides a massive boost to my confidence, so thank you all.

Start a YouTube channel

This is something I’m going to talk about more in a future post so for now I will only say that this is something that it is in the works.

OK, I said it was “in the works” and at the time, I was seriously considering making the leap from blogging to vlogging. I did create a channel with the intention of uploading very soon after (I even said in a later post that I would upload at 750 pageviews), but because of a variety of reasons there are still no videos on it to date.

Right now, my priority still lies with this page and the blogosphere, so I have decided to stick with this and put my YouTube plans on hold. This doesn’t mean that I won’t start uploading videos at some point, but for now it remains something for the future.

Pass my placement year at university

After my first three years at university (the last of which was a repeat year) I am looking forward to embarking on the adventure that is my placement year. I will be working in the UK for the first part of it and then will be studying in France for the second part. From watching and hearing about the experiences of others who have been on this journey already, I realise that this is probably going to be one of the best and most enriching times of my life and I cannot wait for it to start.

In spite of all of my fears and anxieties about what this year would bring, it ended up being a huge success for me, which ended with passing comfortably. Not only that, but the experience of living in France was far more amazing and enriching than I ever expected it to be. I learnt so much and met so many amazing new people along the way, whilst building my self-confidence in ways I could never have imagined (MORE TO FOLLOW IN A FUTURE POST).

Set up a Facebook page 

In order to make my blog more popular, I need to expand my social media. So far, I have not reached Facebook but this is about to change and I am in the process of creating a page for my blogs so that I can reach more people. I can promise you that I will have a Facebook page very soon for you and will let you know when it is set up.

Unlike my YouTube promise, I DID create a Facebook page not long after posting this. So far, it is approaching 100 likes, which is not too bad for a page which hasn’t existed for that long. I have also used it to network, and find other bloggers through groups and pages, increasing the reach of my posts and thus making it more popular. If you are a blogger yourself, I highly recommend this method of increasing likes on your Facebook page.

There we go then, I achieved four out of the five goals I set just a year ago, which is incredible. You can leave me your thoughts in the comments or on my social media links which are in the table below. My next post will be Trent's Tracks, which will be out tomorrow. Not only that, but on Sunday, I will be posting my goals to achieve for my 23rd birthday, so be sure to look out for both of those.

Until tomorrow, keep active, keep smiling, and above all else, keep believing!



SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS


Comments