January 2017 Favourites

January is over, and we are already in month 2 of 2017 (wasn’t it NYE like a week ago?) which means is it’s finally time for me to start my new post series. I am always seeing other bloggers posting about their “Monthly favourites” where they talk about some of the new things they have been loving each month, and I wanted to do something similar.
iBoy
I am starting off with two of my Netflix favourites which came out in January. Number one is a 90-minute film called iBoy, starring Bill Milner and Game of Thrones’ Maisie Williams.


It centres around Tom who wakes up from his coma to find he has pieces of his smartphone embedded inside his brain. These pieces give him a new superpower which he uses to take on the gangs living on his estate, and get revenge on those who attacked his friend Lucy.
I really enjoyed this film, and feel like it perfectly blends the sci-fi genre with the real-life elements of gang culture. I would definitely recommend that you go and watch it.
A Series of Unfortunate Events
The second of my Netflix favourites from this month is the adaptation of Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events, which has been turned into an eight-episode series.


I have to be honest and say that I had neither read the books or seen the previous film adaptation before watching this series.
I loved it, though!
It was done in a unique, cartoony style and the way the story was told was also brilliant, with Neil Patrick Harris absolutely the star of the show. His flamboyance and flair as Count Olaf were creepy and yet oddly enthralling. Another brilliant show, and again I recommend you watch it.
Ed Sheeran released TWO new singles
I spoke about this during last week’s Trent’s Tracks, but January 2017 marked the triumphant return of Ed Sheeran.
He came back and dropped not one, but TWO new singles which have soared to the top of the charts around the world. This year is set to be another monumental year for the guy, and if these two singles are anything to go by, then I cannot wait for the rest of the album to come out in March.
Shape Of You
Video:
Spotify:
Castle On the Hill
Video:

So, those are some of the things I have been loving over the last month.
What do you guys think of any of these things?
What have you guys been loving so far this year?
I would love to hear from you. You can get in touch in the comments section or via my social media DMs. For my social media, the links are in the colourful little table below.
Trent’s Tracks is going up on Friday, so look forward to that and until then, keep positive, keep smiling, and above all, keep believing!


Social Media Links


Comments