Caffeine

Today I wanted to talk about the effect that quitting caffeine has had on me.

Like so many people, I have had caffeinated drinks in my diet all throughout my life and never realised the damage it was doing to both my mental and physical health. For me, the two main sources of it were tea (I’m British, of course I love tea) and Coke/Pepsi.

Back in November of last year, I came to realise just how much of it I was drinking and the disastrous effects it was having on me. These included powerful mood swings and an inability to sleep properly, as well as worsening my depression. It was at this point that I took the decision to stop drinking it altogether and to see how it would improve my life.

I have to say that it was by no means easy to ditch it. This was partly down to the fact that I used the cold turkey method (meaning that I cut it out in one go rather than trying to wean myself off of it gradually).

It took a while before the detox began to work but once it did, it was amazing. I found myself sleeping better and having less mood swings than before. Also, the way I felt within myself was so improved and even though I had a lot more to do to combat my depression, quitting caffeine was without a doubt a massive step for me in making myself feel better.

Right now, I am eight months without caffeine and have lost all cravings for it. Now, I'm not saying that everyone will feel like this because of it or that everyone should be giving it up. However, I am saying that this is one of the best bits of self-help I have ever undertaken and have felt so much more positive as a result.

Please do let me know on Twitter (@TrentBlogs) or on Tumblr (trentwilsonblogs) if you have any other useful self-help stories or you want to share any ideas with me. Also, follow me on Instagram (@event94) and be sure to keep up to date with me on all of the social media links above for updates on future posts.

As ever, keep following, keep smiling and above all keep believing. Stay Blogitive!

TRENT

Quote of the day

"Where there is no struggle, there is no strength." Oprah Winfrey

Comments