Making a Vision Board



For those who don’t know what a vision board is, it is a visual way of presenting your ambitions, hopes, dreams, and goals.

WHY HAVE ONE?

·         It can be a great way to not only set your goals but track them as well

·         A vision board is great as a tool to both inspire and motivate you to achieve the goals you have set yourself

·         Apart from anything else, they can be fun to make, and provide a great piece of decoration for any room of the house

MAKING A VISION BOARD

When it come to the process of actually making a vision board, you can be as creative as you want, because after all it is about you and your goals, and you are the one who is going to be using it.



It is worth mentioning that it can take quite a few different forms

A large poster allows you to put all of your goals on one large piece of paper or card, either in the form of a list or perhaps as a large artistic piece (a painting, a drawing, etc.)

A wall of goals is far more simple and requires a lot less effort than other types of VB. With this, you can just use post-it notes or bits of paper. It might allow you to write your goals bigger or add more later on if you set yourself new targets without worrying about running out of space.

A corkboard or noticeboard and pins is the most popular option, and is what I opted for when making my own VB.

The Process

Before even getting anywhere near the making of the VB, it is important to set out exactly what goals you want to put on it.

For me, this process started (as do most of my projects) with a spider diagram to organise and clarify my ideas.

Also at this stage, I put my goals into categories. This helps me to break down different areas of my life to set goals in but you don’t have to do this when you build your own VBs. It is entirely up to you.


Once I’d set out what the goals were which would become part of my board, I turned them into little drawings with captions added where necessary. Of course, the images you use for your VB can take many different forms.

·         Drawings

·         Cartoons (which are basically the same as drawings)

·         News clippings

·         Photographs of you or the places you want to visit, things you want to do (with copyright permission of course)

As this post is quite long already, I am going to cut this off here and show you my finished vision board in my next post and talk a bit more about it then. For now, you can follow me on my social media links (which you can now find in the sidebar on the left of the page) and let me know what you think of vision boards (maybe you’ve made your own and want to share our thoughts). I would also like to get your feedback on the new layout of this page.

Until my next post, keep positive, keep smiling, and above all, keep believing!


Comments